Recruiting Coming Soon
Participants will receive comprehensive, customized business development assistance to build financial understanding and business plan development for increased business stability and growth in the transportation-related construction industry. Services are customized to the assessed strengths, challenges and needs of participating firms. This includes education, guidance and feedback on general business and construction-specific operations, including strategic planning and assistance with the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) pre-qualification application. More details visit the Tollway Assistance Website
- The Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program administered by HACIA SEF offers training in a cohort-based format. Assistance is offered in a group or classroom setting that invites a collaborative learning environment. Additionally, we offer One-on-One sessions as well as workshops and networking opportunities to further assist clients.
- Each cohort consists of 22 weeks, or 164 hours, of classroom instruction as well as 20 hours of workshops and 70 hours of One-on-One sessions. At program completion, our clients receive a total of 254 hours of training and assistance.
- The Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program administered by HACIA SEF is designed to provide client firms with the necessary skills to successfully become bid-ready on Illinois Tollway or public agency construction contracts. Our program empowers our clients to gain management skills and certifications that will help strengthen, grow and expand their businesses. The program strives to create opportunities for small and diverse contractors to actively bid and network with various public and private agencies in Illinois. Our goal is to highlight the contractor’s experience and provide them with the competitive edge to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Submit a completed Technical Assistance Program application
- Download application. (Link to come)
- Submit to Email applications to: Cirse Ruiz, Program Manager, CRuiz@haciaworks.org; Call us at 312-575-0389
- An assessment will be conducted to determine applicant’s needs and review program guidelines
- A technical assistance plan will be developed to assist participants with business needs
Applications who do not meet the program criteria will be referred to other Technical Assistance Provides.
- 5 years in business
- At least $45,000 in revenue annually
- Subcontracting experience on major highway, road, bridge or vertical construction projects
- Moderate to proficient computer skills
- Proficient in blueprint reading, general documents and specifications
Tuesday and Thursday 5PM to 9PM schedule
St. Augustine College Aurora Campus
841 N. Lake Street
Aurora, Illinois 60506
St. Augustine College Chicago Campus
2610 W. 25th Place
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Feel free to contact us with any questions!
Email Program Manager, Cirse Ruiz at email@example.com or call our offices at 312-575-0389
Miguel Salas is the Instructors Project Coordinator for the Illinois Tollway technical Assistance Program. Mr. Salas task are screening applicants to ensure that they meet minimum program entrance requirements of the program, customize, set up, and administer computer placements tests, recruit instructors and consultants, set up logistics with trainers for the effective delivery of the training program, monitor participant’s progress in the program, coordinate make-up sessions with trainers to ensure that participants meet program requirements
Mr. Salas also serves as training coordinator for the Institute for Workforce Education, a division of St. Augustine College. With over 10 years of experience in the field of workforce development, he has managed several small business training programs that have served close to 500 minority, women, and veteran-owned small construction companies. Miguel Salas has a Bachelor of Science in International Economics degree from Northeastern Illinois University.
Rev. Larry S. Bullock
Rev. Larry S. Bullock is a Technical Assistance Specialist for the Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program. Mr. Bullock role is to ensure clients are bid-ready, certified or pursuing certifications, assist participants in submitting their bids, work with clients in their company’s weaknesses and assist them to overcome the challenges with information and professional referrals.
Rev. Larry S. Bullock is President and Founder of the US Minority Contractors Association [USMCA]. He is former President of the Roosevelt University Alumni Association [RUAA], former member of the Roosevelt University Board of Trustees, Senior Pastor of Living Faith Cathedral Worship and Owner and President of April Cobra Enterprises, Inc., a construction management, general contracting, and real estate development firm.
Rev. Larry S. Bullock served for eight years in the Illinois House of Representatives and continues to remain active in national – community affairs and Ecumenical work. He is the recipient of scores of national and state awards for outstanding accomplishments and achievements in the public policy field, business innovations and economic development and Christian missionary endeavors.
Bernard Dier is a Technical Assistance Specialist for the Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program. Mr. Deir’s duties are to ensure clients are bid-ready, certified or pursuing certifications, assist participants in submitting their bids, work with clients in their company’s weaknesses and assist them to overcome the challenges with information and professional referrals. Bernard is an Operations and Project Management Professional with 20 years’ experience successfully building world-class operations in various industries including: commercial aviation, maintenance, bulk fuel storage and distribution, Government, security and personal consumer products. He specializes in developing and mobilizing new business divisions, turnaround consulting, operations improvement, and optimizing maintenance programs
Mr. Deir graduated with highest honors from Lewis University, with a Masters of Business Administration and a concentration in Finance. He is certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP), Accredited LEED Green Associate, Certified SCRUM Master, and Six Sigma Black Belt Professional. Prior to his consulting career, Mr. Deir proudly served his country in the U.S. Navy.