HACIA SUPPORTS CHICAGO MENTOR-PROTEGE PROGRAM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 19, 2012
Media Contact: Jorge J. Perez
312-666-5910 (office); firstname.lastname@example.org
Hispanic American Construction Industry Association
901 W. Jackson Boulevard, Suite 205 – Chicago, IL 60607
The Hispanic American Construction Industry Association (HACIA) and its Board of Directors support the Chicago Mentor-Protege Program proposed by Mayor Rahm Emanuel. The crucial, new ordinance will encourage mentorships and foster improved economic opportunity for MBE and WBE businesses throughout Chicago.
The Chicago Mentor-Protege Program will promote opportunities for minority-and women-owned businesses in Chicago and will work by offering incentives to contractors that agree to take on a mentor/protege relationship with an MBE or WBE firm.
We have offered our assistance, especially as it pertains to the following:
- How “protege” will be defined.
- How “mentor” will be defined,
- Ensuring this program applies to both Contractors and Professional Services Firms.
- Setting prequalification requirements that Mentors or Proteges must meet in order to enter into a Mentor-Protege relationship.
- How the city will monitor and track compliance
Also, the ordinance talks about provisions for training and related assistance. HACIA is in to help offer any such training and assistance. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach me at (312) 666-5910.